Sunday 25 November 2007

Beautiful windows

The next step on my To Do list for the makeover is to find inspiration for curtains and blinds that go with my new furniture. I've had a look at Terry’s Fabric Warehouse, a UK based company that sells curtains, tiebacks, tassels, hooks, holdbacks, tapes, haberdashery, blinds, cushions, throws, bedding, rugs and lighting. They sell online and deliver to the UK and the Republic of Ireland. There is so much to look at their website.

I happen to be very fond of blinds. I think they are a smart solution to dress a window. At Terry's there's a wide selection of different blinds, like roller blinds, roman blinds, venetian blinds, vertical blinds and wooden blinds.

In Sweden venetian blinds is a must in most windows. They are very functional - they work as a sun screen and protect your intimacy. So far I have not seen a single house with venetian blinds here yet. I wish I could find venetian blinds for my laundry room windows, I think they would give us enough shade in summer. Besides, I'm not sure on how much the neighbors actually see. I would feel a lot safer if I knew they couldn't look straight into my home. The ultimate solution would be the brown chocolate leather venetian blinds I found at Terry's. The slats of this blind are constructed from a faux leather material. Wooden venetian blinds would also be okey, but I love the leather look of these blinds. That rich chocolate color would combine perfectly with the tiles.

0 comments: