Monday 7 January 2008

My little Japanese boy

Do you remember the song "little Chinese Girl" by David Bowie? Well, I have a little Japanese boy at home. *lol* My son, B, is absolutely crazy about everything Japanese right now. He even studies Japanese on his own! Yes, that's true. He knows how to write a lot of signs and is able to read things he sees on TV and in manga books. It's incredible! He's only 10 years old and he is learning Japanese. A friend of mine, who's also studying Japanese, gave him Japanese flash cards and other things for Christmas and he was the happiest boy on Earth when he opened his gifts. And he is learning... Right now he's studying 7 languages. And he doesn't mix them up or anything. Isn't that amazing?

This is a picture of B eating pizza with chop sticks!


My brother and his girlfriend took the boys out one day during Christmas. First they went to the movies and saw a Japanese film. Both my boys loved that movie and they talk a lot about it. Then they went to a book store that sells manga books for all ages. B got a book about Keroro, a frog from outer space. Then they went to a toy store so G could pick out the lego he wanted (that's his cup of tea, he's not into Japan and Japanese). After that they went to a Japanese restaurant and B had sushi for the very first time. And he LOVED it! So now he wants me to learn how to make sushi.... I'm sorry but I don't think so. *lol* Unfortunately there are no Japanese restaurants around here so he'll have to wait until we go to Spain (the mainland) next time.

0 comments: