Saturday 17 November 2007

Spanish attractions

I wish I could invite you all to come and visit Spain. Spain really is a country well worth a visit. It might not be as exotic as Thailand or Kenya and not as cheap as Polonia but it has a lot to offer to all kinds of tourists. Nice beaches, historical places, a rich culture, great music, one of the best cuisines in the world, famous wine, bullfightning (which I DON'T like!), friendly people.... The lots, I would say. Have a look at hotels in Spain.

One of my favorite cities is Barcelona. It's one of the biggest cities in Spain and famous for La Sagrada Familia, the non finished work by Gaudí. They have worked on the church for over 100 years now and they are not even halfway through! It's really impressive and if you ever go to Barcelona, you have to go there! But make sure you go early in the morning because the line gets tremendously long in no time. Gaudí also did other works, like the Casa Batlló building in central Barcelona and one of my favourite places - Parque Güell, where I used to play when I was a kid. Shopping in Barcelona is awesome and if you're into football (soccer) you have to go to Camp Nou, F.C Barcelona's arena. Don't forget to visit the F.C. Barcelona museum. It's actually the most visited museum in Barcelona! Yes, we Europeans are crazy about football. *lol* A list of hotels in Barcelona.

Palma de Mallorca is the capital of the Balear Islands. I haven't been there since I was a kid but my parents go there every now and then and they say it's beautiful. Palma City is just like any other big Spanish city - lots of shopping and a great night life. Probably not the best place to go to if you have kids or if you're too old to go clubbing. But there is so much more on the island. Like the Drach Caves and the largest underground lake. Mallorca is also famous for its' churches and the landscape, which is perfect for trekking. It's easy to get to Palma from the mainland, you just take the ferry from Barcelona. Hotels in Palma.

Málaga is the name of a city and also a province in the south of Spain. It's one of the 9 provinces in the region called Andalusia. I believe most people think about Andalusia when they think about Spain - beaches, cheap wine, flamenco.... But Andalusia (and the rest of Spain, of course!) is so much more. In the Málaga province you find the Picasso museum, the caves of Nerja, the jet set in Puerto Banús, the zoo in Fuengirola (look at my post about it), the bird park in Benalmádena Costa... I could go on forever. *lol*There are plenty of hotels in Malaga. And while you're in Andalusia you absolutely have to visit Granada, my Spanish "home town".

0 comments: