Monday 10 September 2007

ET call home!

The hardest thing about living far away from family and friends is not being able to see them whenever you want to. Things are easier now than let's say 20 years ago, before Internet, international calling cards and cell phones.

I remember my first years away from home, in the late 80's. I went to Granada, in southern Spain, to study for one year (but in the end I stayed for 6 years). My mother used to call me every other month while I visited friends of the family, because in Spain at that time, not everybody had a phone in their home. And I would call her about once a month too, but from a phone booth. Long distance calls were really expensive and you had to add coins all the time, so we only talked for a few minutes each time. The good old days...? No, not really.

I love calling cards! They make keeping in contact so much easier - and since they are cheap you can actually afford to call for no special reason, just to chat for a while. When you sign up for Pingo, you'll receive $8 in FREE Calls and up to 5 hours of free International calls! Pingo has NO hidden fee's and the best competitive rates worldwide. With RateWatcher you don't need several calling cards to get the lowest rate, Pingo does that for you. If you ask my mother, she'll say that's a great deal. Because over the years she has tried so many different calling cards for long distance calling and most of them have some sort of hidden fee, so even if you pay for 100 minutes you only get to talk for say 90. And then in the middle of a call the line "dies" and you have to call again. Pingo is a reliable network, which delivers over 1.1 billion International phone card minutes a month. With Pingo Mobile, you can save up to 90% on your International cell phone calls. And there's more: Pingo has a special phone card blog discount coupon: "ppp3" which is valid for $3 off Pingo. Oh, I really like this.

0 comments: