Tuesday 3 July 2007

Eat right and lose weight

I just came across a great website, My Fitness Pal, which is a free on line calorie counter and fitness site. The timing could not have been better, after my post about losing weight after giving birth which I wrote this morning. Losing weight after having a baby can be a problem for many new moms, because the whole life has just been turned upside down and the baby takes almost every minute of the day. There just isn't any "mom time" to exercise or energy to start a diet. But My Fitness Pal takes care of that, because it’s a free calorie counter and it works with every diet you can imagine.

After I had my second son I lost my pregnancy weight in a few months and went back to my before-pregnancy weight. But since I have always been a bit big I decided I wanted to lose a few extra pounds (well, I wanted to get rid of 30 pounds to be exact). And I did, thanks to a program very similar to My Fitness Pal which took care of the calorie counting so I didn’t have to worry about that part. And the best part - the program teaches you the nutritional contents of what you are eating, and consequently, how you can make better food choices. I just can't get any better than that, can it? And yes, it's F R E E E....

0 comments: