Tuesday 3 July 2007

Mommy Talk 3

July 2: How hard was it for you to lose your pregnancy weight and keep it off?

I got really HUGE during my pregnancies. When I was pregnant with B I gained over 35 kgs (about 70 pounds I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) and since he was so sick I could not go to the gym or anything. His defenses were so low so for many, many months I could only meet my friends outdoors so we used to talk long walks while we were talking. That way I lost my pregnancy weight in about a year and I stayed atthe same weight as before getting pregnant.

When I was pregnant with G I "only" gained 27 kgs (about 50 pounds) and I lost that weight in less than 10 months and I kept on losing weight, due to the special diet I had to be on because of G:s food allergies. I breastfed him until he was about 2½ years old and during that time I didn't have any milk products, soy or candy. Wohoo, that is really a great diet if you want to lose weight! *lol*

1 comments:

Courtney said...

When I first conceived in 2005, I was about 8-10 lbs. over my typical wweight (newlywed syndrome, I guess). I gained about 40 lbs. more when I was pregnant. I lost the 40 lbs. within six weeks through nursing and long walks and since then I've lost another 15 lbs. I'm actually UNDER my normal weight (around 112-115) which I completely attribute to nursing. It's not good; I really cannot keep anything on me, and while that was great to get back in shape after the birth, now it's kind of frustrating.

On the other hand, I wish I was still dancing, cause I'm as nearly as tiny as a ballerina should be!

I expect once DS is weaned I'll gain back about five pounds or so.

In the meantime, I'm just keeping up with my healthy diet, exercising, and not refusing a rich treat now and again.