Thursday 14 June 2007

Birthday party

We’re having a party this weekend. My boys were born in July and August and since most of their friends are either abroad or on some other beach that time of year, they have never had a party since we came here. So now I’m desperately trying to organize a small party for them.

First of all, we’re on a tight budget because in 2 weeks time we have to pay next year’s school fee and it’s EXPENSIVE! If I tell you that the fee for the first child costs more than what the average Moroccan earns in over 3 months, I guess you can get an idea of how expensive it is. The second child “only” pays 70% of the fee and the third child pays 50%. We’re sort of lucky, because we’re Spanish and Spain pays half of the school fees for all the Spanish children going to Spanish schools abroad. But it’s still a lot of money for us. So there will be no entertainment at the party and no special theme. But I think the kids will have fun anyway.

The boys have invited 14 of their friends. I hope their mothers will call me and let me know if their kids are coming or not, it would make things a lot easier. So far only one mother has told me her son is coming. We're having a few games and I hope the kids will enjoy them. Moroccans usually don't have birthday parties, since some Moslems think it's against Islam. Those who do have birthday parties for their kids usually think more about the grown ups and not about the kids, so there are not any games or entertainment of any sort. So I guess our party will be a little bit different.*lol*

These past days I've bought lots of stuff - candy, tiny toys, chips, etc. Tomorrow I'll take a photo of the living room table where I put everything and then I'll take a photo with the left overs (if there are any *lol*).

Do you have any suggestions for games? They have to be easy to play and not requiring too many things. I'd really appreciate a few new games, since I feel too stressed out right now to remember any... :-(

1 comments:

mamabright1 said...

finding fun, inexpensive games or activities has always been a challenge for me too...here are a couple ideas that the kids have enjoyed at my daugher's parties...

make your own word search puzzle...with various birthday and party words...and the names of all the kids...they had so much fun finding their own & each other's names...you could give a small gift or prize...like a candy bar or something to the first one(s) to get done...

if you can find inexpensive plain white paper cups...and you have colored markers or sharpies...the kids can decorate the cups with their names and designs...this was a great way to keep the kids occupied as I got refreshments ready...when they finished their cup...they could get their food...some of the kids kept coloring even when everyone else was already eating...

and...I haven't tried this site...it has printable craft projects...and if nothing else...might give you some ideas...

I hope this helps...and I hope the kids have fun!!!

blessings, mamabright :-)