Monday 28 May 2007

Contrasts

I'm deeply in love with the place where I live. Morocco really is something unique, it's like a world in its own, a whole different planet.... It's the country of contrasts.

Take a look at this photo. It's from a former palace in the old town (called "medina") in Tetouan. Nowadays it's a restaurant and a place you can rent for parties and weddings. It was built centuries ago in a style you don't see these days. A big central patio, a fountain, huge lamps, mosaic tiles on the floor and walls. And a Coke machine! That is so Moroccan - a mix of old and new, rich and poor, city and village, tradition and modern life.....

3 comments:

Happy Kitten said...

You have a very interesting Blog.. informative and warm!

thanks for visiting my blog..

Mayogi said...

Thanks!!!! I really appreciate your kind words. I like your blog too. :-)

Unknown said...

Yes, maybe it is looking little bit strange, but everything is developing and moving. And I like such kind of mix of old and new, traditional and modern. One my friend five years ago moved to Morocco, buy in Tetouan property and still living there! Once I visited him and really liked this country. It is amazing and fascinating world.