Sunday 11 May 2008

Views from the hotel

We had a wonderful week in Torremolinos. The kids and I had a room which really was more like a small apartment because there was a bathroom,the main bedroom with twin beds, TV and the closet, and another small bedroom which actually was the hallway to the main room. The kids slept in the main bedroom and I slept in the tiny one. It was the best ever solution because that way I could study in bed at night after the kids fell asleep and I didn't have to go anywhere else.

As soon as the kids woke up in the morning they called my parents' room to tell them they were on their way and then they headed off for the day. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and afterwards I headed back to the room to study and my parents and the kids went out for long walks. Usually we had the meals together but the rest of the time I was alone with my books. It might sound a bit crazy to you but to me that was wonderful! Being a single mom, student and part time teacher I usually don't have much time to myself so those days in Torremolinos really meant the world to me. Mind you, I really love my kids above everything else but you get to a point when you really need some "me-time" and just be able to be bored for a little while or just sit down and let your thoughts wander. I got plenty of that in Torremolinos and I've come back as a new me and a happier person. I wish everyone could have a week like that every once in a while.

These are the views from our room.



0 comments: