Monday 24 March 2008

Harry Potter

My mother brought me the last Harry Potter book - "Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows" in English last year. I didn't want to read it then, since I haven't read "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" yet but two days ago the temptation got too big and and I grabbed the book and I haven't let go of it yet. *lol* I should have done so many things today. Instead, I spent most of the day in my PJs, curled up on my bed, reading... *lol*

I just LOVE Harry Potter!!! I think J.K. Rowling is a brilliant writer. I've read some of the books in Swedish, in Spanish and in English and they are just great in any language. I prefer to read them in English actually, because of the british accent that somehow gets lost in translations. I'm glad I have three languages to chose from when reading because that way I have a bigger chance o read the book in it's original form. Translating a novel is much more difficult than people normally imagine. That's one of the reasons I became an interpreter instead. As an interpreter you just need to pass on the general idea of things, it doesn't matter if not every single word is perfect. Being a translator is much more precise and whatever you write will remain written and people will read it over and over again and have opinions about your work.

I will have to buy the remaining Harry Potter book, because there are several things I don't understand in this one, because the writer keeps referring to things that happened in the previous book. So now you know what I'll be doing next week.*lol* That's right, reading Harry Potter.....

0 comments: