Monday 17 March 2008

First there were two...

Three weeks ago we bought two hamster girls. The kids named them Mochi and Chiquita. Oh boy, are they cute or what? I just love hamsters and these girls are no exception. *lol* They are not really used to being in the hand yet, but I'm working on it. They are probably around 2 months old so it's a bit late to get them used to humans but a lot of patience will surely do the trick.

Two weeks ago we got a chock! All of a sudden two baby hamsters fell out of the house in the cage! Chiquita had had babies and we didn't even know that she was pregnant. It really came as a chock for us. Yesterday I counted the babies and there are 8 of them.... One week left and I will have to start separating them from their mother because at eight four weeks the girls can get pregnant by their brothers and I don't want that to happen. That's what happened to Chiquita and I really, really don't want any more hamsters right now. 10 is more than enough. *lol* And now I just need to find new homes for the babies. It's a pity really since I'd love to keep them all, but that's too much job and money to keep 10 hamsters since they all need a cage of their own. We all enjoy watching the babies crawl around in the cage, eat apple and discover the world. They are so darn cute!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! My friend Anette is still waiting for our goats to reproduce... :-)

Linda said...

What a chock! :) I'm glad you are back, I have missed you loads! Now we just need to get online at the same time :) Besitos querida!!!!