Wednesday 5 December 2007

Mother Teresa of Calcutta

There are several persons who have inspired me. One of them is Mother Teresa. I recently bought a DVD about her life and it's a great inspiration to me. She was a true saint and I wish I had the faith and courage to be more like her. We all have a lot to learn from her.

I truly believe she was right when she said:

There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic. We believe our work should be our example to people.

That's one of the reasons why I feel at home here in Morocco. Most people are Muslims and have their faith and their traditions. But they accept me being different and the vast majority don't mind me being Catholic, as long as I don't talk bad about their religion. And I won't, because I accept that they believe in a different way and I don't think I have the right to tell them they are wrong. Because, who am I to know? Only God can judge us humans when it comes to faith. I try to be a good example to people, to let them know what I believe in and what I stand for. I think that's the only thing I can do.

Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world.

Do you want to know more about Mother Teresa? Here's her biography, her words and the reasons of her canonization.

1 comments:

Abortion Changes You said...

Great Post -- I'm learning more and more about Mother Teresa as well. I'm reading a book called Mother Teresa: In the Shadow of Our Lady. It tells about Mother Teresa's faith journey with the help of the Blessed Mother Mary.

Andrew