Tuesday 13 November 2007

Never too late

Lately I've thought a lot about my parents getting old. I still consider them very young, but they are actually over 60 both of them and both have health issues. That worries me, because I live so far away from them. When they get older and need more help I want to be there for them, but how am I going to do that living this far away? Hopefully I'll find a solution before we need to do something about it.

One option would be for me to move back to Sweden and another one would be to bring them here to live with us. And then there's the option of care homes. Me personally, I would prefer to have my parents with me and not in a home somewhere. But in case my parents got really ill or I couldn't take care of them properly I would prefer to have them in somebody else's care.

At Bettercaring you can have a look at the different options you have if you live in the UK and looking for the best solution for you and your family. You can also read daily news about care and health. And in case you need to vent or have questions about care, there is even a community.

At the webpage you can read about the Silver Hoodies, a band formed by seniors living in care homes. Their combined age is 420 years old, and the members' ages ranging from 63 to 72. Isn't that cool? They do covers of Snow Patrol, the Pussycat Dolls and McFly. I wish I could listen to them on the net and hear what they sound like.

0 comments: