Wednesday 21 November 2007

Buying a new house

My home is slowly coming back together. I'm far from finished but I'm working my way through the apartment, according to what's done and what's not. I really love my home, in spite of the mess it's in right now. I would not sell my home for anything in the world. *lol*

I think there are several things you need to think about before you go and buy yourself a new home. The first one is your overall impression. Do you really like the house/apartment? How do you feel when you think about it? Happy, stressful, sad, something in between? How do you feel about the neighborhood? I think you should buy a home not just with your head but also with your heart. After all, you're going to live there, hopefully for many, many happy years so you need to be satisfied with your new home.

We bought our apartment unseen and let me tell you, that is not a good way to buy real estate! We were lucky because we immediately fell in love with the place. But it could also have been the biggest disappointment in our lives. Please don't do what we did. Anyway, in the end everything turned out for the best and now I'm totally crazy about my home. *lol*

You too can be lucky and find the home of your dreams (unless you've found it already), maybe in Boulder Colorado. Who knows?

0 comments: