Sunday 28 October 2007

Page Rank

It seems like Google has done an update on their Page Rank over the past days. There have been ups and downs. Several huge blogs have, all of a sudden, got a lower Page Rank than before and some other blogs have improved their rank.

My friend Linda over at Mamas Coffee Corner told me that both our blogs have improved their ranks to a 3. Wooohooo! That is great news!!!! Mayogi @ Home has been a PR0 for ever and now all of a sudden it has got a 3. I'm a bit chocked and still don't believe it. I have to pinch myself. Uff, that hurts. So I guess I'm awake....

But one thing I don't get is how come the rank is not the same everywhere. Looking at iBlogStats there's a 3 for Mayogi, but at PR Checker the rank is still 0. So which one should I believe? I guess I'll think of my blog as being a PR0 until PPP and other companies update their information (and give me opportunities with more money *lol*). Just in case...

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Hello, hello from your friend here in Marrakesh. Would you believe that I don't even know what that means. What is a page rank? Why does Google have that? Sorry to be so ignorant. I think I might be a clueless blogger. I am off to check out your link to see if I can figure it out.

Mayogi said...

Salaam Maryam!

Page Rank is something Google uses to determine how good/popular your blog is. All blogs start off as having PR0 and then move on up, as they grow and get better. PR 10 is the maximum but almost impossible to get.

The PR is important if you blog for money or if you have publicity on your blog. Other than that, it's of no real use but interesting to have. *lol*