Wednesday 24 October 2007

My new ID card, at last

It took me one whole week to get a new ID card. Normally it takes about an hour or so... Spanish ID cards are really modern and the whole procedure of getting a new ID card is highly computerized. The card contains a micro chip which you can use as a digital signature on the internet. I'd say that's very, very modern. I wish the bureaucratic procedures in Spain could be as modern. *lol*

I ran into a LOT of problems! First of all, my old ID card expired about 15 years ago. Second, I did not appear in the register because when I did my old ID card the registers were not computerized. Third, someone somewhere made a big mistake when they registered me in the computerized register, because he/she changed my family name! Oh boy, getting a new ID card turned out to be much harder than I thought it would be.

Thank God I don't have to go through this until October 2017.

0 comments: