Tuesday 2 October 2007

The makeover, day 45

Slowly my home is coming back together. It's still a long way to go, but one step after another will eventually lead to an organized home. Or at least that's what I hope! *lol*

My home is still a mess but all of a sudden things seem to go rather quick again. We've had a really slow period of 2 weeks with nothing much going on, except the painter doing the kitchen, laundry room, the roof and G:s room. Meanwhile, the carpenter has been working on his part. The painter was supposed to come and do B:s room yesterday but didn't show up. It's 9 AM now and no sign of him yet. Sometimes I get really fed up with the Moroccan habit of not showing up when they are supposed to... *mad* Anyway, that's one problem which is still unsolved, I need to get B:s room painted.

We went to see the carpenter yesterday to see how far he has gone. Honestly, not very far.... I hope he'll be able to finish within 2 weeks, because this has been going on for too long! He is coming today to deliver the doorframes for the cabinets. Next step will be to call the bricklayer so he can put the tiles inside of the cabinets. Hopefully he'll be able to come on Thursday and finish in a few hours. I hope the carpenter will deliver the shelves on Friday or Saturday. Then another part of the kitchen will be done.

0 comments: