Sunday 21 October 2007

First week of school

And I have not been able to connect to the classrooms yet. I study on line and was supposed to go on line last Monday, first day of class. But the computer system won't let me because my ID card expired and until I get a new card I won't be able to start my studies. I'm going back to Ceuta tomorrow and hopefully my papers will be ready so I can get a new card. If I do I'll be terribly busy the whole week because I have a lot to study to be up to date with my class mates.

I'm still looking for the books I need. They are way too expensive for my economy so I've been visiting a lot of libraries these past days to see which books I can read there and which books I really need to buy. Books are very, very expensive! I will have to spend a lot of time at the libraries but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I'm doing 5 subjects this fall. Latin and Literature Theory are the hardest ones and Linguistics seems to be the easiest. I'm also doing Phonetics and Middle Age Literature. Great subjects!

The classes at work start within two weeks. I'm going to work two evenings a week, teaching Spanish. So far I have 6 students in my class but I hope I'll get at least 10. I'm really looking forward to getting back to work, because I LOVE teaching! I'll have to find time this week to prepare at least the first 2 - 3 weeks of classes. I'm going to use the same book I used during summer so at least I'm familiar with the texts and the grammar we're doing this year. That saves me a lot of work.

As you can see, next week is going to be very, very busy! But I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll start with Middle Age Literature and Linguistics next week and try to do at least 3 weeks each, so I can dedicate the following week to Latin.

0 comments: