Friday 26 October 2007

Better Safe Than Sorry!

I know most of you don't have an emergency kit at home. I'm the first one to admit that I don't. Well, don't you think it's about time we did something about that? In case of an emergency, no matter what kind of emergency it is, it's better to be prepared and to know what to do, every step of the way. If you are prepared there's no reason for panic and you can do whatever is needed and the damage will probably be much less than if you run around like a crazy chicken.

So, here it goes. I challenge all of you to prepare an emergency kit, post a picture of it and tell us about what it contains (so the rest of us can get ideas on how to improve ours).

Read my posts about Emergency kits and how to be prepared in case of an emergency and think about your emergency kit. Write a post about it. Then come back here and sign the Mr Linky, to let us know that you're in.



I guess it will take us all some time to gather all the stuff we need to store in our emergency kits so on November 11th I'll post another Mr Linky where you can add the links to your posts with photos.

Come on, spread the word and enjoy the fun! Having an emergency plan and an emergency kit will make you sleep better at night, knowing that you will know what to do and where to go in case of something not so good happening.

I hope to see many bloggers in this one. Safety in all it's aspects is very dear to me, and if there's interest I volunteer to host more challenges related to kids and safety, safety on the Internet, safety on the road and so on. It's better to be safe than sorry, so sign the Mr Linky and post about the challenge on your blog to spread the word.

Logo made by Linda at RS Designs. Thanks Linda, you're such a sweetie!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Making a kit has been on my to-do list FOREVER... I just never find the time. I'll work on this one and get back to you.

Mayogi said...

Hi Amy! I really like your new image, you look like a Queen. Queen Amy, doesn't that sound great? *lol*

Ok, think it over and check back. I really NEED to do that myself. I've also had this on my to-do list for ages but now is the time for me to do it! It really can't be that hard, can it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nudge. I'll have to participate, too. :)