Sunday 2 September 2007

Nailpolish, eyebrows and fresh air

Yesterday I got an urge to paint my finger and toe nails. I haven’t painted my nails for over 15 years so I felt a bit odd doing that. But when I finished and looked at my glimmering nails I felt really good. It’s such a simple thing and yet it feels like a treat. I haven’t taken care of my nails for so long but that is going to change. I’ve decided that I need to pamper myself more. A happy mom is a nice mom.

This fall is going to be really, really tough. First of all, in 2 weeks time I’m back at being a single mom, since my husband goes back to Sweden. All the responsibility for the house and the kids will be mine again and I don’t have anyone around to help me. In October my life will change completely - I won’t be a SAHM anymore. We open the cultural center again and I’ll have at least one group of students. And if everything goes according to my plans I’ll go back to college full time (although on line) to study Linguistics for the next 5 years or so. I need to make a Control Journal and stick to it.

I need to take care of myself to be able to cope with all my new responsibilities. I need to have a little pampering time every day, even if it’s just 5 minutes to paint my nails or meditate. I need to eat right, sleep enough, go for a walk and get some fresh air every day, do yoga on a regular basis, have my eyebrows done, my hair cut at least every other month, time to scrap… I know I’m worth it!

What do you do to pamper yourself? Do you follow Fly Lady or how do you cope with every day duties?

4 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I pamper myself by shopping, and I do like to get my nails done occasionally.

Wow, you have a lot on your plate!

Marcia Francois said...

Hi mayogi

Thanks for visiting me - I had no idea you were still reading. I remember you commented on the blog giveaway.

Yes, you're right - your house is a challenge :)

how funny you blogged about control journals - I now sell a business control journal as part of my Organise your Business system. I blogged about this yesterday.

Organising Queen,
Clutter Control Freak and
Marcia's take charge blog

Mayogi said...

drcmom - I think I'll try your pampering when my kitchen is finished. I'll need A LOT of pampering then.*lol* I LOVE shopping, but right now on a severe budget so it's looking but not shopping. Not quite as fun. :-(

Marcia - Yes, I'm still reading. I really like your blog, I have it among my favorites since the Giveaway.

megan said...

Just wanted to let you know I love your blog! It's so fun to read about women and families in different cultures, and realizing that we are all so alike in many ways no matter where we live!
I pamper myself by occasionally buying something that smells wonderful from Sephora-a grapefruit lotion or citrus bath oil. yummy!
Having a cookie and a good cup of tea in the evening is wonderful, too!