Friday 7 September 2007

I need my space!

With all the mess at home I really feel a need to sit down quietly and scrap. I've been scrapping for several years now and to me, it's the best medicine ever for my soul. Whenever I haven't scrapped anything for a long time I start to feel restless. I'm a very creative person and I need to get my creative ideas flowing every once in a while or I feel trapped. And now I'm running on empty. There just isn't anywhere I can sit down and create right now.

I don't have a scrap room or even a desk where I can sit down and work on my creative projects. So far I've scrapped at the living room table. That's definitely not the best solution, but what can you do when you live in a small house? Well, I think I've found the solution.

We have a small room on the roof which my brother in law and family have used as a summer place for the past years. I'm sorry to say that I'm rather fed up with having them there, because when they are there I can't use the roof as much as I'd like and that makes my living space even smaller. I think I need that room much more than they do because I live here all year round and I could need that room for my tutoring hours, studying and why not, scrapping. My kids could use it as a music room, where they could listen to loud music without disturbing the neighbours. After a tiny makeover that room could be a great place, suitable for many different needs. I don't think I'm a selfish person for thinking that 7 years is enough. We pay the water and electricity bills, so basically they live there for free 3 months a year (except for food and stuff). It's not like they are homeless or anything, they have their own home in the city but they want to spend the summers by the beach and therefor think our house is their house. Huh? I'm sorry, but I won't have it anymore. Enough is enough. I think it's about time we got our house back and started to use the whole space, the whole year around. What do you think?

2 comments:

Suzel O'Donnell said...

Since the house is yours, I believe you should have it back. Your own space would be absolutely beautiful. Get it!

Sweet heart!...Your blog is gorgeous! I really enjoy it! You write very well...and easily you keep the reader.

Congrats!!!

big hug and God Bless you!

Mayogi said...

Obrigada Suzie!!! Thanks a lot. :-)

I hope I can get my hubby to talk to his brother so he comes to get his stuff (a fridge and sofas). I need to put a big table in the room so I can have my classes there.

Well, if I get the room back I'll post photos.