Saturday 29 September 2007

Back to school 2

There's a new student in my home -ME! I've been doing paperwork all summer and last week I finally got the admission letter. I'm in! Now I have to register and pay the fee (way too much money, if you ask me, but hey, what can you do?). I'll do that next week when I go to Ceuta.

I'll study "Filología Hispánica" (Spanish Philology) so when I finish I'll have a degree in Spanish and Literature. 5 years.... Oh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to go back to school. This is something I've wanted to do for years, ever since I dropped out due to health reasons 15 years ago.

It's going to be tough, I know. I'm a semi-single mom, with 2 kids and no car and I'm sort of alone in this country. But I know I can do it! I HAVE to do it! This is a chance of a lifetime. Besides, most of my studies I'll do on line so I only have to go to school to do exams and meet the teachers a few times a year. I've studied on line before and I know it's harder than going to class, because you have to make your own timetable and follow it. It's so easy to get sidetracked and then end up having to study day & night for the exams. Been there, done that.... *lol*

These are the subject I'll study the first year:

  • Spanish Medieval Literature
  • Latin
  • Linguistics
  • Literature Theory
  • Spanish Fonetics
So, now I have to think about buying a lot of books and stuff and get myself organized. I just hope my home will be finished by then but I doubt it very much. Anyway, that's life and I have a lot ahead of me. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Amy said...

How exciting! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

wow! You are doing great! This is exciting and I´m sure you will be an excellent student. :)

Mayogi said...

Amy - Thanks! I'll need a lot of luck and some prayers bu I'll do my very best. This is a dream come true. I really want to do this.

Linda - Thanks! I'm not so sure about being an excellent student, we'll see... *lol*