Sunday 19 August 2007

How to start your own business?

For years I've been thinking about starting my own business. I've even studied bookkeeping, economics and how to get started. But so far I haven't decided yet what my business should be about. Maybe some sort of ecommerce, selling stuff? And then there's the next question - selling what? Things from Morocco maybe? Or my own hand made cards? Or something completely different? I guess I'm just not ready yet, so I'll keep on thinking and dreaming. Maybe one day I'll be able to make up my mind...

Anyway, in order to start your own business you need to have an idea of what to do with your business - sell things, teach something, offer some sort of service? If your idea is to sell something, then you need to decide if you're going to sell it in a shop or on line. If you decide to sell on line you need a homepage/blog on your own domain and probably some sort of ecommerce software that will run your shopping cart. Of course you can sell things without a shopping cart software but it would be more complicated in the long run. Having your clients contact you by email does work, if you don't plan to sell much. But if you are serious about having your own business it's best to have proper stuff to help you get started and stay in business. AShop offers a complete solution for both small and bigger businesses and at a reasonable price. You can download a free trial for 10 days and watch a demo of the site.I think that's neat.

When it comes to running your own business, the difficult part is not getting started, it's staying in business.

0 comments: