Friday 31 August 2007

Discoyoga? What's that?

I just read an article in a Swedish newspaper about a new type of yoga - discoyoga. It does sound a bit strange to me, like the opposite of what yoga is to me. To me yoga is a way to get rid of the stress and clear your head. Dancing is a way to clear the head, that's true, but how do you combine disco dancing with yoga? I guess that's some sort of yoga-aerobic combined with disco steps. I don't know.... It might be a fun way to keep in shape. According to that article, Reese Witherspoon, Cindy Crafoord and Britney Spears are into discoyoga.... I've been googling for a while now and haven't found any information at all. Do YOU know anything about this?

This is a hilarious video! Finish disco dancing at its' best. Watch the whole thing, you won't regret it. And there you have the answer why disco isn't the thing anymore. Thank God! *rotflao*


I got a pilates/yoga DVD and a pilates ball for my birthday. I can't wait to try it out! It seems like a fun way to get in shape. Of cause, I'll keep on doing my Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga routines a couple of times a week (at least I hope I will *lol*). My goal for this fall is to get in shape and loose some of the belly fat.

One thing I really would like to try is Afro dance. I guess you don't need a class or DVD to do that. Just put on some nice African music, like Angelique Kidjo, and just feel the music:

0 comments: