Thursday 5 July 2007

Update on the Summer Challenge

Mama Bright started a Summer Challenge one month ago and since I need to get back on track I didn't have to think twice about it. *lol*

My goal is to do some sort of physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. That means walking or doing yoga, since I don't have the time to go to a gym during summer and even if I had, what would I do with my boys while I was working out.

So far I'm doing okey - 750 minutes. My goal is 2000 minutes before September 3, which is less than 2 months away. To tell you the truth I think/I hope I will achieve my goal before that, so I might change my goal to 2500 minutes. What would that make? Some 40 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Right? I could do that.... At least I hope I can.

The strangest thing is that since I begun this challenge I've gained a lot of weight. I think it's because I haven't done any yoga for a LOOOONG time, I've been way too busy at work, I haven't slept more than 4 - 5 hours a night for ages and I definitely don't eat right. July is going to be a LONG month.... I'll teach 2 hours of Spanish 5 mornings a week and then 2 hours of Computer Science a week in the evenings. And when the temperatures rise over 30 degrees C my brain just isn't working as well as it should. Like right now... It's 10 PM and I haven't had any dinner yet, my sink is definitely not shining and I have to prepare 2 classes for next week, read a lot of notes and prepare the guidelines for an exam.... I think I NEED a coffee and a doughnut!!!! Or chocolate... Or whatever, as long as it's stuffed with calories. *lol* I'm definitely NOT losing weight this summer....

2 comments:

Linda said...

I am just having a fruitsalad for breakfast and you come talking about coffee and donuts!!??!

Shame on you, shouldn´t be tryuing to lead people into bad habits... :)

*I´m gonna think about that donut all day now*

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I hope things get a little smoother for you soon! We can do it together!! Did you get my email about the Leslie Sansone In-Home Walking DVD. I'm still loving it. Very convenient! ((hugs))