Friday 8 June 2007

Summer 2007 Exercise Challenge

I have accepted a challenge: the Summer 2007 Exercise Challenge. Everyone participating has to chose her own challenge and let us follow her progress throughout summer. The challenge starts NOW and ends on September 3.

My goal for this summer will be doing some kind of exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. That makes it about 2000 minutes and that's the goal I've put on my ticker. You can follow my progress here on my blog. I think this is something I'll achieve easily since I love to take long walks along the beach and I love to do yoga in the morning. Only 2 more weeks before the stress is over and we'll have more time to play, rest and exercise. *lol*

I don't really want to lose weight, I think I look OK the way I am right now. But doing exercise is much more than just losing weight, it's a way of life. And more than that, it's a way to survive almost 3 months with the kids at home! They get bored and restless after a few days so doing exercise is really good for them as well, especially long walks along the beach and yoga. Hopefully I'll be able to take it more seriously this summer and really do yoga with the kids on a regular basis, because we all love it and yoga is great for family fun.

8 comments:

Darshan Baruah said...

Hope u really succeed .
I have bee thinking of hitting the gym since last fifteen years and I a still thinking....mybe next year.lol.
All the best

Mayogi said...

Thanks Darshan!
Yep, you should always leave something for "next year"... *rotflao* I mean, if you have already done everything, then why keep on living? *lol*

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Challenge!!!

I'm so excited that you have decided to join me!

and you have a beach in Morocco to walk on wow...WOW!

I noticed that your ticker didn't show up in your post on the challenge page...I'm not sure why...but if you aren't able to edit the post to include it...email the ticker code to me and I'll add it into your post...

thanks again for joining the challenge...I was beginning to think no one would join me...but now I get to walk with you in Morocco!!!

blessings, amy :-)

Mayogi said...

Amy - hi! I really need this challenge so I'm really glad you started it. I don't know why the code didn't work in the post so I'll email you the code and hopefully you'll be able to edit my post and put the ticker there.

Take care and we'll meet on the beach! *lol*

Fifi said...

Hello
Thanks for dropping by! Great to meet you! Good on you for taking up the challenge..... you keep on keeping on!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing GREAT!!! 75 minutes already!!!

about the ticker code...

since I'm new to blogging...I tried to test every aspect of the challenge before I posted it...but I missed this...

the tickers won't post in the comments...so I'll post them directly onto the page...

and...I'm sorry about the email...I guess I thought you would receive it as part of my comment...

I have posted my email on the challenge page though so you can contact me about anything if you need to...

sorry for the confusion...and thanks for being so willing to be the first guinea pig in this challenge...

blessings, amy :-)

LiteraryMiz said...

Good luck to you in the Challenge! Looks like you're off to a great start! :-)

Literary Miz

Anonymous said...

560 minutes so far...you rock!!!

keep it up!

blessings, mamabright :-)