Saturday 8 December 2007

My chop stick boy

My son B loves everything Japanese. He knows how to eat with chop sticks and does so every time he gets a chance. He even eats macaronis and cheese with chop sticks! He would eat noodles every day if he got to choose. ;-)

He is actually studying Japanese. By himself. I've downloaded some information from the net and some dialogues in Japanese and whenever he has a chance he listens to that. And he always watches TV with a note block and a pen close by, in case there's some written Japanese he can copy. I think it's pretty amazing that a 10 year old boy can decide to study something as difficult as Japanese and he is actually learning. He knows how to write and pronounce several of the signs and he's able to write some names in Japanese. Do I have to say that I'm very, very proud of my son?

0 comments: