Tuesday 16 October 2007

Urban eco

As far as I know, this is the new trend for this fall. To be Urban Eco. Sandra Bullock and Gwyneth Paltrow are just two of the many stars that have gone Urban Eco lately. I want to be one too. I think it goes just perfect with my way of life and my ideas of the world. I don't want to be a part of the wasting of our planet, I want to make sure my life is as ecological and healthy as possible, but without making me someone I'm not. I want to buy organic and healthy food, not just canned or microwave food. I want to dress in materials that don't damage the environment and are made by people with decent working conditions. I want my kids to grow up thinking about other people as well and not just about themselves. I want to recycle what I don't need so that my things can bless someone else. I want to live a life of ahimsa, non violence, and I want to consider everyone in this world as a part of my extended family. I want to take my yoga practice seriously and start doing yoga with my kids. I don't want to turn back the clock, I just want to make a better future for my family.

In case you don't know what it is, here are some links: Urban Eco Blog, Urban Eco Products, How to make your life more eco-friendly, and 10 eco-friendly things to do with a lemon.

What about you? Are you eco-friendly? Do you want to be more ecological? Do you worry about the future of the planet?

1 comments:

Amy said...

Interesting post. We recycle, and that's about all I can really claim credit for. We buy too many packaged food/drinks (such as cans of soda, juice boxes, etc) and I keep thinking that we should cut down on that, but so far, the time/convienience factor always wins out.