Friday 24 August 2007

Summer is almost over

Today it's easy to see that fall is on it's way. It's been raining all day. This is the first rain for over 3 months so I guess it was about time. There will still be nice, warm days before the cold season begins but the first rain always marks the end of the lazy summer days. School is getting closer, only 3 weeks left before our life returns to it's normal pace and we're back at our routines. As much as I love summer I really long to get back to my "normal" life. Life is somehow easier when you have routines.

Every year, about this time, I sit down and I work on my FLY Lady Control Journal. And for the most part I do what I plan. My life would be such a mess without FLY Lady! She truly is a hero to me!

Every year I add a few routines. I still haven't decided which will be my new routines this year. One thing I do know, I will schedule some pampering time for me each week. I think that will be my own personal challenge. And I will also add some scrap time for me each week, as well as a yoga session a day.

I really need to plan my weeks from now on. I still don't know how I'm going to combine my house, my kids, their homework, my own studies and homework, teaching at my job and doing private tutoring, blogging and writing articles - and on tp of that, having time to play. Wow! I really need to get back on track!

This year I'm trying the Google calendar to keep track of all my appointments, exams and dinner menus. I have only used it for a few days but what I've seen so far it seems great. you can actually have different calendars for different things, like one for menus (oh boy, I really do need that one! If it only came with the ideas as well, then it would be PERFECT! *lol*), one for the kids' activities, one for my own studies....

As school comes closer and I begin to work on my Control Journal I'll share it with you. I think getting feedback is a great way to plan your time better and find better solutions to everyday problems.

0 comments: