Thursday 26 July 2007

Tackle it Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Finally I've been able to do something about the chaos in my home. Since I've been working I've totally neglected my home and it's a disaster.... But on Sunday I decided that I couldn't put it off any longer (and besides, I had a computer free day and was a bit bored) so I grabbed the broom and mop and started working on my favorite room in summer - the balcony. During winter I use it to dry my laundry and as a place to put all the things I don't know where else to put. It was really dirty, because at this time of year we have sand EVERYWHERE! That's the down side of living by the beach.... If you want to have a clean house without sand you need to vacuum and mop your house TWICE A DAY! Well, I gave up that fight years ago....

This is sort of a Before picture (taken after about one hour of hard work, you can't even imagine what that place looked like before!):


And this is what it looks like now. It's not totally finished, but at least we can us it as a summer room now since it's the coolest room in the house. I love to have my morning tea there, watching the sky over the mountain...



I had forgotten to water my plants so most of them were dead... I decided I had to start all over again, so I took out my seeds and planted basil, sage and chamomile. I hope it will work, after all we're almost in August. But we have at least 2 or 3 more months of summer so maybe there's a chance...

1 comments:

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Great job!

Angel ( Angel Mama )