Thursday 12 July 2007

Once a punk rocker, always a punk rocker. *lol*

Am I the only one who grew up in the 80´s and still think that the best music was done back then? These past days I've been in a very nostalgic mood and surfing YouTube I've found so many of my old favorite songs. And they are still great! I know lots of people are ashamed of what they used to listen to but I'm not. I can't think of any group from back then that I don't like anymore. Maybe because I somehow got stuck in the 80´s and never really got out of there. *lol*

I was a punk rocker. Oh yes, with multicolored hair, LOTS of makeup, black nailpolish, and 3 earrings in each ear. My biggest dream was to go to London and start a band. You really didn't need to know how to sing or play an instrument to start a band in those days and some of the best bands really didn't know how to play but somehow they managed to create great music.

I guess you all have heard of the Sex Pistols, haven't you? Oh,maybe not... If you haven't, I'll spare your ears. And if you have and you did love them back then you can easily find their music on the net.

One of the first groups I fell in love with was Adam & the Ants, a group of "pirates". *lol* I don't know if they were that famous outside the UK. I think they made some really, really good songs. I guess I still have all their LP:s somewhere. *lol* They also made some very funny videos. This is the one for "Stand and deliver". listen to the lyrics, this is what I grew up with. Maybe that's why I live my life like a modern Robin Hood.*lol* Listen to the drums! Just brilliant!



One of my favorite groups was The Clash. This is a great song! I hadn't heard it for years but it still makes me feel soooo good! It gives me so much energy. And I LOVE Joe Strummers voice.


But my obsession for many years was The Cure. Oh, I had a mayor crush on Robert Smith. I thought he was so cool and the cutest thing on Earth. Oh well, times change... Here's a funny video for "Close to me".


And for all of you cat lovers, here's "Love cats". Just listen to that bass!!! This is great music. Why don't they make music like this anymore? Besides Mika, who makes music like this these days?

0 comments: