Monday 14 May 2007

Family Fun

I've been a FLY Baby for almost 2 years now and I'm finally beginning to see my wings. For the first year and a half I was fluttering on and off, but I think I'm actually FLYing now. Ok, I do fall off the wagon every now and then, but I don't worry about that anymore. I know i can always get back on track, one babystep after another.

One thing that works really well for me now is Family Fun Day. Usually my kids do their homework in the morning and in the evening it's Movie Time! We prepare the living room - lots of blankets and pillows on the carpet, some snacks and then one of us gets to pick a movie from the huge pile of movies we have at home. It's great fun! And the kids don't mind watching the same movie 20 or 30 times, so it doesn't get too expensive. They love watching a movie with me, because they know it's their time and that I won't let anything spoil our movie time - so no cell phones, no computer, nothing.... I hope we can continue with our Movie Nights even as the kids get older, because it's a great way to share a common interest and I think it's really important to have common interests when the kids become teenagers.

2 comments:

Revka said...

Good for you! I love FLYlady, but I'm definitely not FLYing yet. :)

Mayogi said...

I think FLY Lady rocks! She certainly has helped me not going totally insane. *lol* My house is still a bit chaotic attimes and I still have to do crisis cleaning att imes, but now i know that I can always get back on track, one babystep at a time, so I don't get all stressed out when my routines get a bit "forgotten"....